Pacific Life Insurance Company Newport Beach, CA
The Corporate Division is seeking an Assistant Actuary to join its Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) department. This position will support actuarial functions within ERM.
The primary purpose of this position is to support actuarial functions within the ERM department.
- Support the Appointed Actuary and Deputy Appointed Actuary in carrying out corporate oversight of statutory valuation of liabilities for several legal entities
- Proactively manage and coordinate the enterprise framework for oversight and consolidation of division reserves and modeling results in support of statutory appointed actuary requirements
- Assist in the quarterly RBC C-3 Phase I for each legal entity, if needed.
- Support the presentation of actuarial matters and exhibits in the Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements
- Support the valuation, risk management, and financial reporting functions for existing and new Corporate Products including but not limited to Institutional Investment Products, Synthetic GIC, and Pacific Life Re longevity and life insurance retrocession businesses.
- Coordinate and prepare Insurance Risk reporting
- Develop, enhance, maintain, and execute models designed to measure financial risk for in-force products and business projections of the Division when requested
- Support assumption governance and model risk management processes and activities when requested
- Perform analytical services on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare and consolidate responses to rating agency surveys, auditor requests, and other requests
- Mentor junior staff and manage interns from time to time
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelors degree in actuarial science, mathematics, finance, or related field
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) with 3-5 years of actuarial experience, preferably in the life insurance industry
- Experience with valuation requirements, financial reporting, and accounting principles
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, customer-focused, and self-starter who delivers quality work product
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and VBA. Some programming experience highly preferred but not required
- Experience working with actuarial modeling systems, preferably Moses
| Date Posted
October 21, 2018
| Date Closes
November 20, 2018
| Located In
Newport beach, CA
| SOC Category