Sales Associate - Long Term Care Desk
Pacific Life Insurance Company Omaha, NE
Sales Associate - Long Term Care Sales DeskJob Summary: Briefly summarize the jobs primary duties and responsibilities and include management/leadership responsibilities if applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Briefly describe the essential functions and main responsibilities of the job, beginning with the most important, and identify the % of time spent on each.
|Responsible for ensuring that applications go through the new business and underwriting process from submission to payment in a timely manner. Facilitates and handles any problems or issues that may arise during the application process. Works closely with the sales team (Specialists, External and Internal Wholesalers) and provides regular status updates of the submitted business to the team. Responds to questions from Financial Advisors regarding status of submitted applications. Trains Financial Advisors and their assistants on administrative processes. May perform a variety of support functions on the team including answering phones. |
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: List knowledge, skills, abilities, mental demands and behaviors; i.e. # years of experience, education level preferred, licenses and/or certifications, tolerance for multiple demands, ability to work with others, etc.
|Responsibility #1 (Time Spent 75%-80%): Support Sales through the new business and underwriting process by working with Financial Professionals (or designated contact person), Field Wholesalers, Internal Wholesalers, Internal Partners, and Management.|
- Track, monitor, and provide the status of cases upon request.
- Provide monthly sales projections for paid business.
- Proactively communicate and resolve delays caused by outstanding/additional underwriting or client requirements (e.g., interview, lab scheduling).
- Pursue outstanding requirements within SLAs upon request.
- Identify and resolve issues.
- Document all activities on applicable home office systems.
- Build and sustain relationships that contribute to repeatable business.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state & federal regulations & guidelines as well as company policies and procedures.
- Log into inbound phone system and remain available to take inbound calls.
Responsibility #2 (Time Spent 10%-15%): Support pre-sale process by working with Financial Professionals (or designated contact person), Field Wholesalers, Internal Wholesalers, Internal Partners, and Management.
- Assist and train on case submission and processing procedures.
- Understand whats available, and be able to train, on home office systems.
- Answer product questions as needed.
- Complete marketing material orders within SLA.
Responsibility #3 (Time Spent 10%-15%): Support sales support team through miscellaneous tasks.
- Identify process improvements and escalate to the appropriate parties.
- Assist and provide training to new team members on job functions.
- Provide back-up support on an as needed basis.
- Provide any reporting on an as needed basis.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
| Knowledge of insurance products, industry and procedures gained through 1+ years of experience in the insurance industry or through a combination of experience and coursework. Proficient in the use of personal computers and specialized software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, illustration software). Excellent written and communication skills. Strong organizational skills to perform administrative functions. FINRA registration may be required if business need arises.|
| Date Posted
October 12, 2018
| Date Closes
November 11, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category