Sr Real Estate Analyst
Pacific Life Insurance Company Walnut Creek, CA
The Sr. Real Estate analyst role will provide loan production and underwriting support to NW/Canada Regional Office located in Walnut Creek, CA. Responsibilities:
Factors for Success:
- Assist in all aspects of financing due-diligence, including preparation of loan underwriting packages, particularly compile and analyze spreadsheets, provide market research, sponsor and financial statement review, and presentation assistance. Become thoroughly proficient in the review and analysis of a variety of real estate related documents, like ownership agreements, leases, appraisals, and management agreements.
- Gain a working knowledge of the department's debt investment policy and procedures.
- Master spreadsheet and ARGUS modeling skills.
- Market Research Analyze economic and demographic data, evaluate real estate markets and obtain and appraise market comparables.
- Review & Valuation - Review and analyze leases, documents, financial statements, ownership agreements, appraisals etc. for conformity to required standards and compliance with approved underwriting strategies. Assists in the value estimate of properties encumbered as loan security, including preparing cash flow estimates, verifying comparable information and preparing real estate tax estimates.
- Loan Submissions Assist the loan producer in the preparation of loan submission documentation including economic analysis, financial modeling, demographic, tax and market data, detailed narratives on the transaction including, but not limited to, the property, market characteristics, borrower structure and financial strength, as well as the competitive position of the property all for conclusive presentation to home office real estate committee. Assist in the collection and analysis of all necessary documents and information critical to the loan underwriting and closing process.
- Risk Assessment and Structuring Assist the loan producer in evaluating risk issues, underwriting, designing the loan structure, pricing of and the execution of the loan transaction. Performs due diligence to verify the information provided by the borrower/mortgage banker and contained in the loan application (which reflects the approved terms).
- Coordination Assist in the collection and analysis of all necessary documents and information critical to the loan underwriting and closing process.
- College degree (BA/BS) with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or Economics (Masters degree - Real Estate or MBA - strongly preferred).
- Working experience in evaluation and underwriting of investment risks associated with commercial real estate is desirable; mortgage origination experience preferred.
- Proficiency in software applications for real estate investment analysis including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Argus, and the ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Exceptional math and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise in the drafting and use of financial formulas in complex financial spreadsheets, as well as the use of a financial calculator. #LI-JB1
| Date Posted
September 8, 2018
| Date Closes
October 8, 2018
| Located In
Walnut creek, CA
| SOC Category