Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst II
Pacific Life Insurance Company Aliso Viejo, CA
Currently, we are seeking a talented Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst II to join the Life Insurance Division in Aliso Viejo. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
Job Summary: The Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst II heads the statutory financial reporting for the Life Insurance division. Analyzes and reports results to management with an emphasis in analysis by product lines. Primary Responsibilities:
Factors for Success:
- Maintain and enhance statutory reporting and analysis for PL and PL&A (blue blanks).
- Assist with the GAAP and STAT monthly and quarterly close process.
- Communicate financial results to members of management.
- Review processes and recommend new and innovative ways to accomplish goals of the department.
- Provide assistance and/or function as the lead in work review, training and development of other staff members.
- Oversee preparation and submission of surveys/questionnaires from outside organizations such as rating agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Special Projects in support of Division and Corporate initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent with an accounting emphasis.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in life insurance financial statement preparation and analysis, with an emphasis in Statutory (STAT) reporting.
- CPA certification required.
- Demonstrates organizational, time management, oral and written communications, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven leadership, organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team building, partnership and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently on assignments of various levels of complexity
- Proficiency in Oracle, Essbase, and PeopleSoft a plus
| Date Posted
August 5, 2018
| Date Closes
September 4, 2018
| Located In
Aliso viejo, CA
| SOC Category