Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst
Pacific Life Insurance Company Newport Beach, CA
Currently, we are seeking a talented Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst to join the Corporate team based in Newport Beach, CA. Primary Purpose:This individual contributor position plays a key role in Pacific Lifes regulatory developments monitoring and change management program. As a member of the Corporate Regulatory Affairs team, housed in the Law Department, the Senior Regulatory Affairs Analyst will work with various areas within the Company to facilitate consistent communication, interpretation and implementation across operating divisions of legal and regulatory requirements. Key Responsibilities Include:
Factors for Success:
- Monitors the regulatory landscape and identifies changes that impact the Companys operations - including new or revised legislation/regulation and market conduct activity; communicates new regulatory developments to impacted area(s).
- Conducts trend analysis with respect to new and emerging regulatory trends.
- Engages with Government Relations to provide research and support for policy development and advocacy efforts.
- Collaborates with Corporate Compliance and Corporate Audit to provide research and regulatory compliance monitoring support.
- Conducts research for the operating divisions and Law Department attorneys as requested.
- Works with team members to develop and maintain trackers and regulatory resources for use within the Company.
- Participates in company and industry committees and working groups as required.
- Attends industry meetings as required, which may require some travel.
- Develops productive working relationships within Pacific Life and with industry peers and trades.
- Ability to understand and apply regulatory requirements to achieve regulatory compliance
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interface with all levels both within and outside the organization
- Highly motivated team player with a collaborative, consultative and innovative approach in the workplace
- Knowledge of life insurance, annuities and financial products a plus
- Operations, regulatory affairs, compliance or audit experience preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years experience within the insurance or financial services industry desired
| Date Posted
April 7, 2018
| Date Closes
May 7, 2018
| Located In
Newport beach, CA
| SOC Category