Pacific Life Insurance Company Newport Beach, CA
ABOUT AVIATION CAPITAL GROUP
Aviation Capital Group (ACG) is a privately held, indirect majority-owned subsidiary of Pacific Life Insurance Company (Pacific Life), an industry leader amongst life insurance companies celebrating 150 years in business.
With over 435 owned, managed and committed commercial jet aircraft leased to approximately 95 airlines in 40 countries, ACG is a proven fleet strategy solutions provider to the world's airlines. Our full-service operating lease platform, forged over 28 years of industry leadership, is core to our ability to offer these solutions. Additionally, our global market expertise combined with our strong manufacturer and global financial institution relationships enable us to provide advisory services and customized financial products to our customers.
The legal intern will support ACGs legal team and gain exposure to aircraft records, and the legal aspects involved with the purchase, delivery, management, and redelivery of commercial aircraft.
This is a full-time position during the summer for approximately 10-12 weeks. Both the duration and the start and end dates are flexible depending on school schedule.
- Organize current and historical aircraft lease and purchase documents
- Participate in weekly legal department meetings
- Assist with annual insurance auditing and related data tracking and reconciliation
- Support integration of new aircraft portfolio into existing ACG management system
- Work on compliance initiatives and other regulatory compliance and risk mitigation projects
ACG is seeking a highly motived, talented individual capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects and activities at the same time while maintaining the highest degree of integrity. The ideal candidate will be an upperclassman pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, legal studies or an aviation centric degree with the desire to pursue a career in the legal field or commercial aircraft leasing. The candidate should have a basic understanding of the commercial aviation industry as well as possess the following attributes:
- Advanced expertise in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills by gathering, organizing and interpreting data
- An interest in corporate law and the aviation industry
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
| Date Posted
February 15, 2018
| Date Closes
March 17, 2018
| Located In
Newport beach, CA
| SOC Category