Forklift Technician- Mechanic
Material Handling Service
Option III, Inc.
Immediate full time opening: Experienced Forklift Service/ Material Handling Technician.
Get to Know Us:
Option III has 30+ years, experience in Warehouse Equipment Installation, Parts and Service. We provide Design, Engineering, Equipment, Installation, and Service for a wide range of Material Handling Equipment.
- We are family centered, quality driven and support the safety and well-being of our people.
- Our small team completes assignments of differing lengths/challenges for customers in Omaha and surrounding states.
- Our projects provide hands on experience to learn & develop skills useful for long term career success.
- Option III is a full line Distributor supporting a large variety of Material Handling Equipment, such as Fork Lifts, Dock Equipment, Racking Systems, Carousels, Stretch Wrappers, Conveyors and much more.
Responsibilities: As a member of the service team, you will be responsible for repairs of Material Handling Equipment plus installation of new Material Handling Equipment, when needed.
Here is what you’ll experience:
- Full time position: typically, 8 hours a day between 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM, 5 days a week.
- Regular use of power and hand tools and operation of material handling equipment
- Equipment you will be involved with can include:
- Racking & Industrial Shelving
- Mezzanines & Conveyors
- Dock related equipment
- Forklift Repairs and Service
- Remove, repair, disassemble, assemble, and perform analysis of all forklift and material handling equipment including engines, attachments, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, brakes, steering, and electronic applications.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair most types and brands of Forklifts
- Read and understand schematics for electrical and hydraulic systems
- Perform proper preventative maintenance in a timely manner
- Work in a variety of customer locations and environments
- Company Provided Van and Uniforms
- Pay Range – beginning $15.00 to $30.00 Depending on Skills and Experience
- Health Insurance
- IRA match
- Uniforms provided, including stipend for steel-toe shoes
- Specialized Training (e.g. welding)
We prefer Service Experience with Material Handling, Warehouse Equipment and Forklift Equipment.
Option III is willing to train if you have core mechanical skills and a credible work history.
- Must have high school diploma
- Valid driver’s license, Clean driving record
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Solid understanding and experience with the proper functioning of Electronic and Mechanical Equipment
- Mechanical aptitude essential; welding experience preferred; will train
- Desire to work with a wide variety of equipment, i.e. forklifts, dock equipment, conveyors/sorters, etc.
- Capable of using hand tools, welders, cordless power tools and mechanical assembly tools while handling materials and fasteners
- Be able to clearly communicate around technical and problem-solving issues to verify solutions and obtain work approval from the customer
- Able to lift 70#s sometimes repeatedly during a day
- Can work/stand for 8 hours or more daily
- Consistently follow all safety procedures and processes
- Possess own basic hand tools
- Positive & friendly attitude; Team service oriented
- Professional appearance; will wear provided uniforms
- Strong work ethic and integrity
To apply; send your resume to: Pat Kahm: email@example.com or simply click "apply"
If you do not have a resume request an application from Pat via an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to apply at our Office in Omaha
Option III, Inc.
10430 J Street
Omaha, Ne 68127