JOB TITLE: Teller Supervisor/Training Coordinator
PAYROLL CLASS: Salary/Exempt
Provide training for all new employees on regulations specific to the employee’s position as well as internal software systems. Develop and disseminate instructional materials on policies and operating procedures. Responsible for providing ongoing training for Retail Staff to maintain performance at the highest levels and daily activities of the staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and implements programs, classes and procedures to guide tellers in effective customer transactions, error resolution and equipment operation.
- Provides in-depth training for new hires, transferred or promoted personnel.
- Maintains contact with other departments of the financial institution and branches to monitor changes in policies and procedures to provide consistent and effective teller training.
- Assists supervisor and other staff members with teller duties, including occasional work at a teller window when needed or as a customer service representative.
- Maintains reports documenting teller cash balances, vault cash, and sales incentives.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review policies, procedures and updates of teller activities within the financial institution.
- Assesses training effectiveness and employee training needs.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs special projects and other related tasks and duties as directed by management.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Strong knowledge and understanding of overall operations of the bank.
- Complete knowledge of all teller functions as well as general knowledge of other areas of banking as necessary to adequately train.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills including specifically Bank Core Software Systems, Microsoft Office software, etc.
- Good training, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPEREINCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of experience in staff training.
Premier Bank-Omaha Premier Bank