The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO including managing the CEO’s schedule, arranging travel, and providing day-to-day administrative support. The Executive Assistant serves as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on matters pertaining to the CEO, and serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors, Senior Management, and all NECC employees. The Executive Assistant anticipates the CEO’s needs, thinks critically, and offers solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative duties
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing calendars and appointments, completing reports, preparing correspondence, arranging travel plans, preparing itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Communicate on behalf of the CEO with board members, staff, and other important stakeholders on matters related to CEO’s priorities.
- Serve as an ambassador for the CEO with employees, helping to ensure all employees feel valued and recognized by the CEO. Coordinate recognition by the CEO of employee milestones (e.g., birthdays, births, deaths, anniversaries).
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Greet and host guests of the CEO.
- Coordinate the preparation of materials and logistics for meetings of the board, subcommittees, staff meetings and other meetings held at NECC, including audio-visual needs and meals/snacks.
- Draft minutes for all board subcommittee meetings and electronic actions the board takes, document electronic votes.
- Coordinate the execution and dissemination of contracts to all relevant parties.
- Assist CEO with purchasing items for meetings, employee and colleague gifts, and other projects, as necessary.
- Process and turn in reports for mileage, attendance, and expenses for CEO.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, and
- Minimum three years of experience in an executive assistant capacity serving a CEO or senior executive required, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
We offer COMPETITIVE PAY and a GREAT BENEFITS package that includes:
- Paid Time Off - 3 weeks during 1st year, 4 weeks beginning on 1st anniversary.
- 12 Paid Holidays PLUS
- Paid Winter Break (usually 2 weeks)
- Paid Snow Days (when OPS is closed for inclement weather)
- Summer Friday Hours
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability & Life and Accidental Death Dismemberment Insurance 100% paid by employer
- Flexible Spending Account - Medical
- Dependent Care - Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Retirement Plan with 6% employer match FULLY VESTED beginning on your first day
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Casual Dress Code (you can wear jeans to work)
- FREE Parking at our front door!
NECC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.