Nebraska Ealry Childhood Collaborative (NECC) is looking for a Communications Specialist to help support in our Business Development & Strategy areas. The Communications Specialist will support NECC in marketing and in communications efforts using determined brand and style standards, bringing the tone and voice to life while maintaining the consistent look and feel of both digital and traditional concepts. As a key member of the marketing and communications team, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for producing copy for marketing materials such as flyers, newsletters, emails, blogs, advertisements, landing pages, social media posts, press releases, annual reports, and other publications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field required.
- 2+ years professional experience in communications, marketing or public relations required.
?Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate on the development, production, and dissemination of communication materials for NECC.
- Ensure that key messaging for organizations’ programs and initiatives are accurate, concise, compelling, and consistently delivered across all communications vehicles.
- Maintain and enhance brand identity and organizational reputation.
- Coordinate communication campaign plans including design concepting, material layout, and copywriting.
- Work closely with Digital Content Specialist to develop strategy and oversee structure, content, and maintenance of online presence.
- Coordinate public relations efforts, including production and distribution of press releases.
- Work with programs to develop relevant digital and printed content to promote programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to perform necessary writing, copyediting, and/or proofreading tasks.
- Conduct research for product or channel marketing materials, as well as other topics as related to the piece or request at hand.
- Update and produce consistent content for NECC’s blog.
- Ensures that key messaging for organization’s programs and initiatives are accurate, concise, compelling, and consistently delivered across all communications vehicles.
- Support Director of Business Development and Strategy in developing and maintaining a comprehensive content strategy to include messaging, distribution, and metrics.
- Provide analytical reporting of campaigns to Director of Business Development and Strategy.
- years professional experience in communications, marketing or public relations required.
- Pay is $25-30 per hour, depending on your experience.
- Typical work schedule of 8am-4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Paid Time Off - 3 weeks during 1st year, 4 weeks beginning on 1st anniversary.
- Paid Holidays (12 during 2020-21 school year) PLUS
- Paid Winter Break (for 2020-21 school year)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability & Life and Accidental Death Dismemberment Insurance 100% paid pay employer
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% employer match VESTED beginning on your first day
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Casual Dress Code (you can wear jeans to work)
- FREE Parking at our front door!
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, apply on Careerlink today!
Nebraska Early Childhood Collaborative