Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are hiring a Senior Vice President of Public Relations and Marketing to join our team. In this role, you will provide senior level strategic leadership for the company's public relations and marketing programs to advance the company's business plans and strategies.
This role will serve as a member of the Strategic Business Development leadership team and primary liaison to the Executive Leadership Team on public relations and marketing strategies and programs.
Legislative and Government Affairs
- Provide oversight of strategies and activities that create and sustain positive relationships with state and federal governmental officials as well as agricultural commodity and trade groups.
- Oversee efforts to monitor legislative activity and to activate outreach and advocacy by customers, internal teammates and key stakeholders to shape legislative policy and regulations that impact the Associations’ operations and marketplace success.
Corporate Communications and Sustainability Initiatives
- Guide strategic direction of the Associations’ websites, publications, financial reporting and social media strategies to build positive engagement with the public and key stakeholders.
- Oversee the Associations’ media relations and publicity efforts to raise the visibility of our expertise. Ensure the quality and consistency of messaging on key topics including alignment with Farm Credit System positions.
- Provide senior leadership of media relations and crisis communications representing the Associations on the Farm Credit System national workgroup for reputation risk analysis and planning.
- Provide executive communication support for internal and external communications associated with strategic business initiatives.
Brand and Product Marketing
- Accountable for overall performance of brand image and product marketing communications. Work closely with the VP Brand and Product Marketing to:
- Develop and implement integrated marketing plans that enhance the Associations’ brand image, market share growth and customer experience.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to align marketing programs with strategic sales initiatives to launch new products and services, grow share in new segments, and promote timely special offers.
- Oversee brand image and product advertising, direct marketing, collateral, thought leadership content marketing, website content, and event planning and promotion.
- Monitor the Association’s brand health through market research and initiate or modify programs to ensure market-leading relevance among our competitive set.
Digital Channel Marketing
- Accountable for overall performance of marketing communications in support of the Associations’ online channel in addition to enterprise email marketing, website management and social media operations. Work closely with the VP Digital Marketing to:
- Oversee integrated marketing campaigns with a primary emphasis on digital advertising. Incorporate print and broadcast media as well as direct marketing, content marketing, collateral and event support.
- Use data to continuously measure and enhance the impact of marketing.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the Associations’ websites include content, navigation, brand voice, and search engine optimization.
Thought Leadership and Customer Success Programs
- Oversee the Associations' program to offer ag economic and policy insights through research reports, economic analyses, presentations and media updates
- Provide oversight of strategies and activities that enable customer success through education, financial skills building and specialized programs to serve young and beginning producers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Business Administration is required; a graduate degree is preferred
- 10+ years public relations, marketing, and/or communications experience in a leadership capacity
- In-depth experience and proven track record leading public relations, including legislative affairs, brand building, product marketing, corporate communications planning, and developing company-wide strategies.
- Proven leadership skills in facilitating change and implementing innovative concepts and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively select, coach, and develop team members including leaders to achieve high-performance and engagement.