Responsible to cultivate new and serve existing Young and Beginning business relationships and build them up to a readiness point to transition to a Financial Officer or Financial Services Officer. Role to be the primary point of contact and responsible for the 1:1 relationship with the Young, Beginning and Small customer throughout their education and financing journey.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Retention & Growth
- Develop and implement business plans that will increase the Association’s market share in the assigned customer segment. Promote and sell loan products to influencers, prospects and customers; routinely update prospect and influencer lists and maintain marketing and call planning information on customer contact software.
- Holistically market, cross sell, and actively endorse all of the Associations’ products and services. Assist other sales teammates focused on other customer segments to grow and expand market share.
- Receive and investigate leads from various origination channels teammates and external sources.
- Administer all products associated with YBS activities—new growth and monitoring existing loans—in the region. Including working with customers in preparing business plans and projections
- Credit Administration & Servicing
- Within assigned segment, design innovative customer packages to meet customer and prospect needs. Advise customers on the financial information needed. Discuss credit packages with Analysts and participate in consensus decision making process when appropriate. Advise customers of loan decisions and provide expert advice and counsel to the customer related to their financial position and future credit needs. Competitively price loans based on risk and profitability. Service assigned portfolio including satisfying loan conditions/covenants, preparing customer loan service plans, and establishing and maintaining sound credit and loan administration.
- Monitor loan performance on assigned portfolio, including completion, monitoring, and performance of Loan Servicing Plans. Review and monitor performance of Loan Servicing Plans completed by Financial Officers as time allows. Provide regular and ongoing updates with Regional Leadership and Credit Teams relative to customer and portfolio progress.
- Outreach & Education
- Plan and facilitate financial skills workshops in the region, including for the assigned portfolio, other customers, and prospects.
- Develop a professional presence within assigned segment through participation in commodity groups and networking with agricultural industry knowledge contacts. Business development and marketing activities to grow emerging producers market share.
- Participate in training and peer learning, Retail Leadership, and others to increase consistency and efficiency in administering the Young, Beginning and Small lending program.
- Provide in-depth 1:1 coaching and counseling with customers to help develop financial and business acumen. Including training customers on Association provided tools that can assist the customers in understanding how to compile and use their financial information.
Additional functions of the position include
- Perform other related duties and assist on special projects as assigned.
- Travel is required up to 50% during the day and 30% overnight.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Accounting, Finance, Agriculture Economics, Education, Marketing, Business Administration, or closely related field is required
- 7+ years related experience in lending/credit analysis, to include experience in the full economic cycle of agriculture with Farm Credit Systems or a related agricultural credit organization.
- 5+ years related experience in relationship management or sales is preferred.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Proficient in using customer relationship management and loan origination software and other applicable computer systems and software applications.
- Understanding of traditional and Agri-consumer finance and farm production methods, products and profitability
- Demonstrated strength in judgment, analysis, decision making, negotiating and influencing
- Knowledge and related skills associated with business planning, strategic planning, financial statements including projections, and loan administration, including the ability to effectively communicate this knowledge and skill to internal and external audiences
- A general working knowledge of the Associations’ lending practices and processes
- An understanding of the Associations’ loan products and services and their applications to meet traditional and Agri-consumer customers’ need
- Knowledge of FCA regulations, Association credit policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, and lending office expectations
- Awareness of social and economic developments and production technology impacting traditional and Agri-consumer agriculture
- Support and coordinate an unrivaled customer experience based on our six core customer experience principles and our One Team – One Purpose philosophy.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and adhere to the Associations’ team principles and core values.
- Ability to work in support of the Associations’ vision and value proposition.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work Environment: This job must have the ability to travel and meet with customers off site and operate in a professional office environment at times. The person in this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and printers, and requires knowledge of or the ability to learn computer operating systems (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, etc.) and other software. The person in this role must be able to work in outside conditions that include inclement weather. Noise level may be loud at times.
Physical Demands: This role requires the ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces. At times this job operates in a professional office environment requiring sedentary work. This includes the ability to move around the office. This role must be able to effectively communicate with teammates and or customers.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Associations’ policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.