Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. That is why we seek highly motivated, positive-thinking people who foster honesty and integrity – the core values that guide how we work and treat others.
We are seeking a Solutions Architect to join our team. This role will understand current and desired future business drivers and capabilities and design solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, experience in agile methodology, and experience building cross-enterprise teams.
- Monitors the current state solutions and identifies deficiencies, defines the principles, guidelines, standards, and solutions patterns in collaboration with other architecture roles, and designs and directs architectural governance activities.
- Champions recommendations for improvements to project / product teams and organizational leadership.
- Designs solutions architecture approach across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Identifies the organizational and financial impact and benefits of the solutions architecture. Documents solution architecture designs.
- Monitors the current state solutions and identifies deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Develops roadmaps for the evolution of the application portfolio from current to future state.
- Provide design leadership and mentoring to the team members involved in solutions delivery.
- Work with business owners of the various systems/applications to ensure they understand balance between desired system features and the importance of sustainable technology solutions.
- In collaboration with other architecture roles, defines the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise’s future-state architecture vision.
- Participates in cross-functional and functional teams to evaluate technology solutions to meet the needs of the business and fit within the technology architecture of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Analysis, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 9+ years’ relevant experience in at least two IT solutions development disciplines, including solutions architecture, technical architecture, network management, applications development, data management, IT operations or security