Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are looking for a Credit Analyst to join our Retail Credit Underwriting (RCU) team. As a Credit Analyst you will underwrite loans for farmers, ranchers, and investors and some farm related businesses.
The Retail Credit Underwriting Team works in a fast-paced and customer driven environment focused on serving the needs of our customers. Your ability to be analytical, make quick and accurate decisions and communicate effectively are essential skills for success on our team. If you like being challenged, enjoy making a difference, and are looking for a job with career growth and advancement opportunities, then we would like to hear from you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for underwriting activities within the respective portfolio. Conduct analysis of loan and lease requests including an evaluation of character, financial position and progress, repayment ability, collateral and conditions of approval.
- Assure adequate information is available to make the decision.
- Analyze customer financial statements,which may include balance sheets, trend analysis, income statements, cash flows, collateral analysis, performance reconciliations, credit bureau reports, and commodity brokerage statements.
- Conduct a differential level of analysis appropriate for the risk presented by the type and size of loan request. Will utilize a variety of financials, and differential analysis techniques including market based and GAAP quality financials.
- Participate in consensus decision making on credit requests within delegated authorities or recommend actions requiring higher delegated authority.
- Establish and maintain sound credit administration. Adhere to the Associations’ credit philosophy, procedures and guidelines. Complete documentation to support decisions made.
- Establish appropriate loan terms and conditions to manage loan risk.
- Coordinate and prioritize work to support teammates and provide a positive customer experience. May direct or coordinate the work of others (Credit Operations Team, Loan Monitoring Analyst, Loan Closers, etc.).
- Will work independently on loans of moderate size and complexity as well as larger and more complex credits.
- Education and/experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience with lending/credit analysts (2-10 years required depending on level)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environmentPreferred Qualifications
- Understanding of credit management techniques, credit administration, and loan servicing
- Strong knowledge of multiple agricultural industries