As an Information Security Intern at Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica), you’ll learn to engage in the wide breadth that is security and become a subject matter expert across multiple security domains. You will have the opportunity to learn the daily operational aspects of security systems, including implementation and management of enterprise security monitoring systems, defense in depth, email/content filtering and data loss prevention.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing as an Information Security Intern:
- Learn to implement security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures; conduct monitoring and review activities of systems to ensure compliance and mitigate organizational risk.
- Help to maintain and monitor existing security infrastructure, evaluates emerging technology and implements new systems to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets while maintaining respective operational and process documentation as necessary.
- Contributes to the improvement and standardization of security administration; assists in system design to ensure appropriate controls are identified.
- Assists in incident response management; implements related processes and standards associated with business resumption, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans.
- Currently pursuing an associates, bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, Electrical Engineering or similar degree preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2022
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available