Farm Credit Services of America (FCSA) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are looking for a high energy, motivated and talented Real Estate and Chattel Appraiser to join our team in Baldwin or Manhattan, Kansas.
- Complete real estate and chattel appraisals while providing a great customer experience. Focus primarily on the moderately complex to complex appraisal assignments or appraisals for higher risk loans. Conduct property inspections when necessary. Apply a differential approach to analysis and reporting. Effectively use technology in the valuation process. Appraisals must meet Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and Farm Credit Services of America/Frontier Standards.
- Review and finalize appraisals completed by non-certified appraisers, providing constructive feedback to develop their appraisal skills.
- Responsible for data management in assigned area. Ensures adequate sales data is analyzed in assigned territory to provide a reliable basis for appraisals, valuation systems and market zone ranges. Coordinates effort with the Appraisal Sales Specialists and also collects, verifies and analyzes sales. Maintains adequate cost and income data. Effectively uses technology for data management and is adaptable to change resulting from changes in processes or technology.
- Maintains market zones and benchmarks as assigned estimating values according to FCSAmerica/Frontier standards.
- Maintains a visible presence with the regional teams providing market data support and valuation consulting.
- Collaborates effectively with appraisal team members to ensure seamless customer service. Includes providing backup for other appraisers across territory lines.
- Maintains relationships with local external appraisers for the purpose of maintaining an adequate approved appraiser list.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Up to 8 years related experience required with experience in real estate appraisal preferred.
- Ability to act independently and make appropriate decisions consistently with moderate to minimal guidance and oversight.
- An understanding of the influences and appraisal concepts that impact land values and other agricultural assets.