FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. We are looking an entry to senior level Insurance Services Officer – Outside Sales (Crop Insurance) to join our Northeast South Dakota team working out of our Aberdeen or Watertown office.
The Insurance Services Officer role is ideal for those who have a passion for serving production agriculture, are driven to deliver exceptional customer service and value supporting their local communities. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and build on your sales skills, manage portfolios and be a part of a supportive team.
This position will require that you spend 50% (or more during busy seasons) of your time working in the country or remotely.
- Serve as primary agent for the servicing of crop insurance policies which includes gathering acreage reports and production histories.
- Provide servicing to Hail Policies and Supplemental Insurance Products. Incumbent will have sales goals established in conjunction with assigned Region and the Vice President of Related Services for assigned marketing areas.
- Responsible for sales production of Multi-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI), Crop Hail and Supplemental insurance products to customer and non-customer prospects.
- Develop personal marketing plan and update annually around customer needs and risk tolerance. Look for all opportunities to cross sell all products and services to customers. Assist region with marketing plan to achieve region business and product depth goals.
- Represent the Associations at industry events and other ag related events in the region.
- Serve as subject matter expert and make sales presentations at insurance sales seminars as needed.
- Provide product and sales expertise to region staff, prospects and customers.
- Responsible for providing referrals to other members of the Regional and Associations’ sales teams.
- Through individual and joint sales calls, call on prospects to sell insurance policies.
- Develop proposals for one-on-one sales calls with customers or prospects, utilizing financial information gathered independently and from interaction with other sales officers in preparation of prospect sales calls.
- Utilize the Associations’ sales tools, techniques and technology to effectively complete, track and document sales and customer activities.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating insurance programs within assigned marketing areas.
- Process insurance forms from multiple insurance vendors for MPCI, Crop Hail and Supplemental products including analyzing and entering applications online. Leverage customer’s precision farming data to gather acreage reporting and production reporting information. Enter acreage reports utilizing insurance company software according to underwriting requirements and current processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with insurance vendor representatives to improve sales and service to regional offices and customers. Make business placement decisions based upon AIP products and offerings.
- Provide sales support to Financial Officers and sales and servicing support to other Insurance Officers in the region.
- Experience in an agriculture related field with sales and service
- Relationship management and/or sales experience
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Finance, or Business preferred
- Experience in servicing a large complex book of business and a proven record of growing a book of business
- Experience as a licensed crop insurance agent or insurance company representative with sales responsibilities