Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is looking for a highly effective business and agribusiness leader to be the VP Customer Success for our Emerging Markets team. This role reports to the SVP Emerging Markets.
The primary responsibilities for this leader will be to lead the customer education team, provide overall direction and leadership for the Young, Beginning and Small (YBS) producer program and lastly lead any initiatives related to customer our reach and success.
As the VP Customer Success, you will lead customer education efforts, administer the YBS Development Fund, implement and integrate changes while evangelizing YBS program offerings. Ultimately, you will help identify customer challenges and ensure we provide customer education and customer success methods in a way that drives value realization for our customer base. At a high level, this includes developing a deep understanding of customer financial needs and crafting customer education that helps our customers master being financial managers which drives success in their business.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
Young/Beginner/Small (YBS) Producers Program:
- Responsible for defining and monitoring the overall strategic direction and implementation for the Associations’ YBS programs.
- Coordinate with credit and lending teams to ensure continued effectiveness of qualification criteria, credit standards and interest rate programs.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the program as required or requested.
- Act as the Association's lead to ensure the continued evolution of YBS programs and coordination with lending and credit teams.
- Work with Retail leadership to establish and implement strategies and goals to grow and expand customer penetration of the YBS Program.
- Engage with a variety of influencers directly or indirectly involved with YBS producers including land grant universities and extension programs, 4-H, FFA, producer organizations and governmental agencies.
- Identify partnership opportunities with state-level and local producer organizations.
- Act as the FCSAmericas’ liaison to the Farm Credit Council VP of YBS Programs and Outreach and to YBS Coordinators at other Farm Credit Associations to share ideas and best practices.
- Maintain an awareness of industry competitors and YBS marketing trends and activities within the Association’s territory.
- Monitor regulatory changes and their impact on FCSAmerica YBS programs and coordinate updates to programs as needed.
- Assist the Public Relations & Marketing team in the design, implementation and evaluation of marketing communication strategies to reach YBS producers.
- Lead Program promotion within FCSAmerica. Coordinate marketing & promotion efforts with the Community Involvement program and Legislative Affairs.
- Responsible for overall Leadership and Administration of all YBS programs.
- Actively involved in assessing, adjusting and improving YBS delivery channels, and identifying product and process enhancements that achieve an unrivaled customer experience.
Customer Education Program:
- Responsible for establishing the overall strategic direction of the FCSAmerica Customer Education Program.
- Establish key metrics and goals for the Customer Education program
- Provide direction to the Customer Experience Specialists in the identification of content and design of the appropriate delivery channel(s) and medium(s).
- Coordinate with Leadership (all Business areas) and Organizational Learning and Development [ODL] to ensure programming provided meets customer demands and customer experience expectations.
- Maintain an awareness of adult learning methodologies and ensure that delivery models are in alignment with industry best practices.
Customer Business Success:
- Lead FCSAmerica efforts around improving customers' Business success.
- This will include (in part), the development and delivery of targeted programs for customer segments, evaluation and development of relationships (informal and formal) with outside companies, and proactively seeking out industry best practices in this space.
- Research and implement industry best practices.
- Develop methods for of tracking FCSAmerica progress in this area.
Team Member Success:
- Select team members. Identify training needs/developmental needs, follow up timely on individual development plans throughout the year, and coordinate related training as needed.
- Provide performance feedback timely based on company programs and processes; counsel team members on performance issues. Complete salary administration for team members.
- Provide team leadership to inspire FCSAmerica vision, consistent with core values and team principles.
- Instill a participative and collaborative work team environment and develop the team and individuals.
- Develop team members through coaching, training, as well as ongoing performance feedback.
- 5+ years’ experience in Agriculture lending or agriculture sales and marketing with emphasis in technology, adult education, or information technology systems preferred. Minimum two years leadership experience.
- Broad-based understanding of organization’s objectives, functional teams’ roles, industry trends and customer needs with primary emphasis on Young, Beginning and Small producers.
- Demonstrated competence in communication, decision-making, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- 4 year/Bachelors degree in Agribusiness or Agricultural Economics