Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are hiring an Insurance Services Officer to join our team. We are looking for someone with a passion for sales and service, building lasting relationships with customers and teammates while supporting the communities they serve. This insurance role will serve as the subject matter expert and a resource for our other agents regarding sales of livestock insurance, and the sales tools we utilize in the sales process for livestock.
In this role, you are the link between our customers and the protection provided by our crop insurance products. Using your expertise in agriculture and sales, you’ll be responsible for the sales, servicing, and renewal of larger and more complex customers. You’ll collaborate with Financial Officers and regional teams to reach sales goals and manage defined portfolios.
- Serve as primary agent for the servicing of crop insurance policies which includes gathering acreage reports and production histories. In addition, provide servicing to Hail and Wind Policies and Supplemental Insurance Products.
- Responsible for meeting aggressive sales production goals for Multi-Peril (MP), Crop Hail and Supplemental insurance products to customer and non-customer prospects.
- Develop personal marketing plan and update annually around customer needs and risk tolerance. Look for all opportunities to cross sell all products and services to customers.
- Represent Farm Credit Services of America at industry events and other ag related events in the region.
- Process insurance forms from multiple insurance vendors for MP, Crop Hail and Supplemental products including analyzing and entering applications online.
- Leverage customer’s precision farming data to gather and process acreage reporting and production reporting information.
- Verify correct application of underwriting and actuarial calculations by insurance company software.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with insurance vendor representatives to improve sales and service to regional offices and customers.
- 1-10+ years experience as a licensed crop insurance agent or insurance company representative with sales responsibilities; 4+ years of experience in closely related ag field with sales and service
- Relationship management and/or sales experience (0-9 years required depending on level)
- Bachelor's degree in Ag Business, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science or closely related field preferred
- Current valid crop insurance license
- Experience servicing large and complex customers
This role requires up to 70% day time and 10% overnight travel.