Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is looking for an Application Developer to join us. You will be building solutions that support our customers and our teammates who serve them. Ultimately, your work will impact our mission to become agricultures most valued financial partner.
- Collaborate with product owners to understand desired systems.
- Solve problems by reviewing the objectives and scope, gathering facts, analyzing data, and preparing alternatives.
- Perform design, development, and quality within a project team by following or adapting patterns established within a team project
- Produce software solutions that inherently support testing at multiple levels prior to delivery.
- Effectively leverage tools and best practices to enable continuous integration and frequent, reliable releases.
- Monitor system performance to ensure that efficient operations and results are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, Electrical Engineering or another relevant field required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technical problem solving, abstract thinking, and logic associated with software development.
- A proven track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Creating web-based applications utilizing Visual Studio and related Microsoft .NET Technologies (C#, Web API, Entity Framework, .NET Core)
- SQL Server or similar relational database management system
- Azure DevOps, GIT
- Unit testing frameworks such as NUnit
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, utilizing version control and build processes
- Three or more years’ experience developing multi-tier, Intranet/Internet and web-based and/or mobile platform technologies
Who You Are:
- You are a collaborative, creative problem solver that enjoys driving stories to done.
- You have a passion for technology and believe in continuous learning.
- You appreciate agile software processes, software pattern-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You believe in standard practices but work to evolve and improve those practices over time.
- You are knowledgeable about enterprise level system integration patterns and techniques.
- You have an enterprise mindset and are a design thinker.
- You see constraints/roadblocks as innovation opportunities
About the Team
Application Developers at FCSAmerica are members of agile development teams. Each team is comprised of smart, talented people that collaborate with business partners and each other to provide solutions and bring value to our customers.
FCSAmerica is well established in software development and is growing to 15 application development teams. We believe in giving back to the development community through sponsoring and hosting events that encourage networking and continual learning.
- 18 vacation days and 15 sick leave days begin accruing the day you start
- 7 paid holidays
- Quality health, dental, vision insurance with competitive monthly premiums
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- All employees eligible for market competitive annual incentive program
- 401k potential for 9% employer contribution on day one
- Charitable giving donation match up to $250/year
- Tuition reimbursement and education assistance programs
- Health and wellness reimbursements
We are a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. That is why we seek highly motivated, positive-thinking people who foster honesty and integrity – the core values that guide how we work and treat others. Truth and ethics allow us not only to be proud of our success, but also to be proud of the way it is achieved.
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
With nearly $29.9 billion in assets, FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers and ranchers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. Our 51,000 customers also are our owners, and they share in our success. Since 2011, we have returned more than $1.2 billion in cash-back dividends to our customer-owners. We are proud of the financial strength we have built and our mission to finance the growth of rural America.
FCSAmerica serves every aspect of agriculture today, whether it is a small farm run by a young and beginning producer or a large, complex agribusiness. We are the biggest provider of crop insurance in the country and offer digital tools and one-of-a-kind farm management software to help agricultural producer run their businesses. We also finance farm equipment and rural homes. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education. We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory.
You will find locally owned Farm Credit cooperatives serving agricultural producers in every state. We are all part of the Farm Credit System, formed more than a century ago to ensure the country’s farmers and ranchers had a reliable source of credit to provide plentiful and affordable food to the country. Today, U.S. agriculture is the leading provider of food for the world, and the Farm Credit System has helped make that possible by evolving with the financial needs of a growing industry. As the largest Farm Credit cooperative, FCSAmerica strives to be a leader in the Farm Credit System and the industry through best practices, innovation and a commitment to be agriculture’s most valued financial partner. It is our valued employees who make all this possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.