We are looking for an Agriculture Economic and Policy Advisor who will provide insights, advice and commentary into business planning and market assessment within Farm Credit Services of America/Frontier Farm Credit and well as influence opportunities outside the company. This role will primarily aggregate various economic and governmental policy perspectives and distill into easy to understand materials for a variety of audiences.
- Aggregates various economic and governmental policy perspectives and distills into easy to understand materials for a variety of audiences. Connects economic perspective to individual producer impact and aids in customer education activities of the company.
- Works with various vendors, trade organizations, government agencies and internal resources to assemble information and conducts analysis to identify key trends and market dynamics in agriculture as well as general economic, financial and banking trends and conditions.
- Provide insights, advice and commentary into business planning and market assessment within the Association and well as influence opportunities outside of the Association.
- Responsible to providing insights into ongoing business and financial planning activities including economic assumptions for the Association's strategic plan as well as ongoing stress-testing and allowance activities.
- Serves as a consultant providing market studies and economic research into the Associations' strategic initiatives and new product development.
- Connects economic perspective to individual producer impact and resulting Association impact.
- Engages with Credit, Risk and Sales leadership in considering impacts and strategy to the lending portfolio and producer needs as a result of key changes to a producer's economic landscape.
- 6+ years' experience in banking, financial or economics
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics experience preferred.
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers and ranchers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.