Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are seeking Data Governance Engineer to develop, manage, and implement a formalized data management and data governance process to oversee the availability, usability, integrity, and privacy of the organizational data assets.
- Identify differences between logical and physical data models and between disparate physical models.
- Support the end-to-end metadata process for creating, enhancing, and managing metadata schemas, models and structured data within a technology repository system. Ensure metadata is complete and current by regularly monitoring the schemas.
- Recommend data life-cycle management approaches and strategies and implement recommendations as appropriate. Create, monitor, and manage metadata to create visibility of data origin, lineage and downstream data usage.
- Implement data quality and privacy standards, create and maintain data quality & privacy monitoring processes, and publish data quality and privacy metrics.
- Serve as a resource for data management implementations on other technology teams and collaborate with data domain owners, business owners, and leaders.
- Provide production support for the Data Management team services and tools.
- Help lead training activities such as classes and workshops on Data Management tools and processes.
- 5+ years Data Engineering, Software Development or Infrastructure Design
- Project leadership involving cross-functional teams and outside consultants or vendors experience.
- Experience with Data Lake ecosystems, Metadata Management, Data Modeling, Data Cataloging, Data Quality Workflow and Remediation tools, and Master Data Management is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Governance, Data Management or comparable experience in a related field required.
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.