As a Credit Analyst Intern at Farm Credit Services of America you will gain an understanding of credit philosophies and lending activities for agricultural producers and agribusinesses. This is a great opportunity to get in-depth experience and learn the primary responsibilities of a Credit Underwriter.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. Join FCSAmerica today and help us shape the future of agriculture.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing as a Credit AnalystIntern:
- Exposure to credit philosophies for short, intermediate and long-term financing.
- Learn resources and techniques for underwriting new and existing customers.
- Conduct credit verifications with credit references and other lenders as per loan application.
- Observe new loan applications, renewals and additional loans.
- Computer entry and analysis of customer’s balance sheet, income statement and cash flow information.
- Input annual financial information from customers and analyze financial position.
- Observe loan closing for exposure to legal requirements.
- Promote Farm Credit Services of America through various public activities.
- Research industry information.
- Attend staff meetings and participate, if applicable.
- Complete special projects assigned by the leader.
- Observe Financial Specialist/Analyst role and responsibility.
- Observe Financial Officer role and responsibility.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Ag Business, Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong desire to pursue a career involving sales, marketing and territory management.
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2021
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.