The Network Operations Engineer is responsible for providing world-class customer service to our clients. You would also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving client escalated issues as well as trouble shooting internal IT issues. This position requires the applicant to be organized and client focused. All support services must be highly responsive and professional.
In addition, you will be responsible for mentoring, training and supervising the day to day activities of a team of System Support Technicians (Level II). The goal is to ensure that all inbound support desk calls are immediately answered and resolved by a member of the Support Desk team.
- Administer all user and groups adds/removes/changes for our client’s active directory/Office 365 environments, as well as all Virtual IT management systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated client issues. Ensure that all issues are treated with urgency.
- Thoroughly update and document all client service requests. This includes client contact, troubleshooting steps and issue resolution.
- Resolve all internal networking or server issues as necessary. Immediately communicate the status of any internal issue to the Executive Management Team and provide status updates every two hours until the issue is resolved.
- Work in a team setting to assist all junior level technicians on the support desk.
- Update and modify the Network Operations on-call schedule. Ensure that all team members are prepared and trained to take the on-call shift.
- Participate in the Network Operations on-call rotation. Accept any escalated issues from the on-call support desk technician.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on our remote management and monitoring (RMM) platform.
- Provide feedback and communication to the support desk team on our RMM system(s).
- Review and make needed changes to templates and policies in our monitoring platform.
- Assist support desk members with inbound calls for service when needed. The goal is to ensure that all client calls are answered and resolved as quickly as possible while ensuring that the issue is completely resolved.
- Work as a team member to collaboratively resolve customer requests for service and technical issues with other team members or managers.
- Be able to develop and document solutions to improve current processes, procedures and policies.
- Work with the Executive Management team to complete all other assigned duties, tasks or projects as assigned.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, and printing systems.
- Management of VMware ESX/ESXi virtualization software
- Expert knowledge with Windows Server (Folder Redirection, Group Policy, Active Directory, IIS, DNS, etc.)
- Appropriate certifications such as A+, MCSA, MCSE, MCP, CCNA, etc. are not required, but are highly desirable
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnosis of technical issues while identifying the root cause.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task while working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
POSITION SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience with hands on technical microcomputer support service experience, desktop PC and laptop hardware and software troubleshooting, installation, configuration and upgrades
- 5 years experience with desktop operating systems and application software products
- 5 years experience with professional written and verbal communication skills
- 3 years working in a “team” environment with a focus on customer service, mentoring, training, and leading junior employees
- 5 years experience with LAN/WAN network technologies (i.e. installation of NIC cards and network client software, network printers)
- 3 year experience in providing customer service over the phone on a technical level
- Ability to bend, crouch, crawl.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use phone and phone headset.
- Ability to type using a keyboard and mouse.
- Vehicle to travel to customer sites.
- Valid driver’s license.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities to work in multiple customer environments with a wide variety of different technologies, hardware, and software. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive and our consistent growth can mean excellent career development for the right person. If you enjoy building relationships with clients & meeting technical challenges… apply today!