It is our motto, and our belief, that here at A.C. Nelsen RV World, we can help provide you with a beginning of memories that will last for generations. We have been making these memories for our customers, as well as here within our organization.
For over 100 years, A.C. Nelsen has retained great prices, attentive service, and positive relationships with our customers and community, and we have the sources to back it up. We are proud have received the First Place Award of Best RV Dealer from Omaha Magazine's Best of Omaha, voted on by local readers.
Assistant RV Sales Manager
We are currently searching for another friendly team member to add to our management team in Shakopee! Business is growing and we are adding on to our management staff to assist in the uptick of business! If you have experience in auto or RV sales management, this would be the ideal role for you. We are looking for a person with an enthusiastic personality, who considers themselves a "people person" and truly enjoys assisting others. This role would assist in overseeing the sales team and administrative staff. Further responsibilities would include:
- Supervises and directs work of sales personnel, receptionists, and lot attendants.
- Arranges delivery of units between manufacturer and the dealership, along with delivery of units to customers out of state, if needed.
- Assists in finance department as needed.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe units and explain use, operation, and care of unit to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain units based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute unit sale price.
- Answer questions regarding the dealership and its merchandise.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment, and security practices.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Place special orders with manufacturer to find desired unit for customer.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Sell or arrange for delivery, insurance, financing, or service contracts for merchandise.
- Estimate and quote trade-in allowances.
- Follow up with previous customers and prospect to improve client base.
- Assist in preparation of product shows, visit with prospects shows.
Hours for this position vary, but availability Monday-Saturday is required, between the hours of 8 am-7 pm. Days off would be Sundays and one day during the week.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, and 401k plan with a company match! Plus, you get to work with a great group of co-workers!
- Minimum of 5 years in a sales position
- Minimum of 2 years in auto and/or RV dealer management position
- Ability to train and motivate employees
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Knowledge of federal rules and regulations in regards to lending
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and seek solutions
- Must be able to make independent decisions which affect the company’s profitability
- Skills in operating various office equipment (computer with applicable software, adding machine, photocopy machine, telephone, fax machine, and printer)
- Knowledge of the products being sold is required. Independent research on trends in RV sales, marketing, and motivating employees may be required. This position requires the incumbent to be a self-starter. The majority of the work is self generated.
Manual Dexterity (use of fingers): 50-74%
Working in adverse weather conditions: 25-49%
Working in or around strong smells: 0-24%