CNA/CMA (PT & FT)
Bethany Lutheran Home Council Bluffs, IA
BETHANY HEIGHTS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: CNA/CMA
Reports To: RN/LPN
Work every other holiday and every other weekend
Work under the delegation of an RN. To provide basic personal cares and services. Such care must be in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines, regulations that govern Bethany Heights and as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. Prepare, administer, and document administration of medications as ordered by the physician and delegated by the RN.
- Must be certified within the State of Iowa or any reciprocating state, in good standing with no record of abuse.
- Must be able to receive and act upon direction.
- Must be able to maintain professional relationships with staff, tenants and visitors.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dress, groom, feed, toilet and bathe tenants.
- Perform restorative nursing such as positioning, range of motion, transfers, ambulation, ADL’s, bowel/bladder training and maintenance.
- Take Blood Pressure, Pulse, Respiration and Temperatures as directed.
- Perform peri care, catheter care, collect urine and stool specimens, and preventive skin are.
- Report any changes in tenant condition such as fever, confusion, vomiting, diarrhea, or falls to charge nurse.
- Answer all emergency pendants.
- Document care given in QMAR including baths, laundry and housekeeping tasks.
- Ensure privacy and dignity for tenants.
- Utilize universal precautions and infection control, and ensure OSHA standards are met.
- Participate in the service plan process when appropriate.
- Attend 12 in-services per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administer medications when delegated by the RN for the program.
- Review physical condition of the tenant noting possible effects of medication.
- Set up medications unless the properly identified medication has been received from the pharmacy in a ready-to-use form.
- Before administering medications, knows or looks up the medication’s intended use, purpose, acceptable methods of administration, unfavorable reactions, storage, warnings, and directions.
- Reads each medication administration record (MAR) carefully, and when unclear checks with supervisory nurse or pharmacist to clarify and/or rewrite the card or orders.
- Reads medication container labels when the container is taken from the tenant’s supply, when the medication is removed from the container, and when the container is returned to the tenants supply or discarded to ensure that the label matches the medication ordered on the MAR.
- Verifies that the tenant receiving the medication matches the name on the MAR.
- Instructs tenants about the correct and safe administration of the medication.
- Administers medication according to orders following administration rules and CDC guidelines.
- Observes tenants for therapeutic or side effects from medications, which may include obtaining, reporting, and recording accurate vital signs, pulse, and blood pressure.
- Charts/records medications taken and/or refused in MAR
- Reports all errors immediately.
- Performs CNA duties when needed and other duties as assigned/delegated by the Director of Nursing.
- Must stay current on changes in medication administration by attending 6 hours of continuing education per year.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum of 3 ft.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of tenants in an emergency.
- Must be able to kneel, stoop or bend to assist tenants.
- Wear back support and utilize gait belt appropriately.
| Date Posted
October 14, 2019
| Date Closes
December 31, 2019
11 Elliott Street
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Work At
| Job Type
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
31-1012.00 Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Supplemental Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Clothing Allowance
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Hair Stylist
- Holiday Party
- Massage Therapy
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Achievement Awards
- Bonus Plan
This job is related other jobs in these career categories