Bethany Lutheran Home
Title: Rehabilitation Aide FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Rehabilitation Director Schedule: 6:00-2:30, 7:00-3:30, 10:00-6:30
Work every other holiday and every other weekend
To provide and promote rehabilitative care at Bethany Lutheran Home in accordance with applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, and as may be directed by the DON or Nursing Supervisor to ensure the highest degree of independence for residents.
1. Must be certified CNA within the State of Iowa or any reciprocating state, and must be trained in Rehabilitative therapy skills by Bethany Lutheran Home, in good standing with no record of abuse.
2. Must be able to maintain professional relationships with staff, residents and visitors.
3. Must be able to read and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Perform physical, occupational and speech therapy follow up programs, including, but not limited to: Positioning Ambulation; Transfers; Range of motion; Hot pack application Hot/Cold contrast soaks; Restorative exercises; Speech Program; Splint application; Restorative Dining Program; Dressing Program;
Strengthening; exercises with weights and theraputty.
2. Document progress of follow up programs.
3. Weigh residents as directed
4. Assist RN/LPN and CNA’s as needed.
5. Evaluate equipment and report any necessary changes.
6. Advise therapists of screens and evaluations as needed and assist as necessary.
7. Attend continuing education seminar for rehabilitation as available and directed by DON.
1. Must be able to walk intermittently throughout the day.
2. Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum of 3ft.
3. Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents in an emergency situation.
4. Must be able to kneel, stoop or bend to assist residents.
5. Must use a gait belt as appropriate.
|Date Posted||October 31, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 12, 2018|
|Located In||Council Bluffs, IA|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Varies|
|Hours||10:00 am-6:30 pm hours per week; 40 hrs weekly (every other weekend/every other holiday)|
|SOC Category||29-1123.00 Physical Therapists|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories