To maintain the grounds, facility, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines, regulations that govern Bethany Lutheran Home and as may be required by the Director of Environmental Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
1. Must have no record of abuse.
2. Must be able to use and operate standard maintenance equipment.
3. One year experience required.
4. Must be able to read and speak English language in an understandable manner.
5. Must be at least 18 years old.
Essential Job Functions:
1. To ensure grounds are kept in neat and presentable manner, this includes mowing, shoveling, weeding, trimming, and use of any equipment to ensure safety of resident, staff and visitors.
2. Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., as directed in accordance with established procedures.
3. Ensure proper lighting, temperature, etc. throughout facility.
4. Coordinate all maintenance services with other departments to ensure timeliness, efficiency and convenience for our residents.
5. Ensure maintenance supplies have been replenished in work areas, inform manager of needs.
6. Ensure proper maintenance of all equipment and machinery, report malfunctions; ensure proper storage of equipment and machinery.
7. Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc. as directed or requested.
8. Assist in setting up chairs and tables for all in-services and meetings.
9. Attend all mandatory in-services and meetings.
10. Other duties as assigned or requested.
1. Must be able to move frequently throughout the day.
2. Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum 3 ft.
3. Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents in an emergency situation.
4. Must be able to kneel, stoop or bend to assist residents.
5. Wear back support and utilize gait belt appropriately, as necessary.
|Date Posted||January 14, 2019|
|Date Closes||February 28, 2019|
|Located In||Council Bluffs, IA|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Varies|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||49-9042.00 Maintenance and Repair Workers, General|
|Address||7 Elliott St|
|City, State and Zip||Council Bluffs, IA 51503|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories