Communications Coordinator 30 – 35 hours week
We are seeking a dynamic, professional who will manage our marketing communication, including updating web content, our monthly newsletters, social media posting and advertising. Our Ideal candidate will have experience in marketing and communications. S/he will be able to bring the big ideas, and the implementation know-how to build upon our successes as we strive to reach the next level. S/he is a creative thinker, a self-starter, a collaborative professional who is organized, enthusiastic.
This person will be a key member of our team, and work with all of our departments. This position plans our communications including outreach, resource production, digital presence, public relations, writing, events promotion, and communications strategy.
• Work with our Professional staff, Marketing Committee and lay leadership setting and meeting marketing and publicity goals.
• Manage all areas of communications and marketing, outreach, copywriting, digital presence, public relations, and events promotion. Including, but not limited to our weekly email blas, flyers, and monthly newsletters.
• Oversee production of written content – press releases, and other content – and ensure that we are a strong presence in the Jewish / and greater community.
• Work with outside vendors including graphic designers, printers, and others to create quality communications products.
• Manage all aspects of social media and continue to grow our online presence.
• Provide and or coordinate with volunteers current updates on social media and create content when necessary. Including taking and posting photos to social media, creating internal archives when needed.
• Working with the Engagement Coordinator, Serve as the interface with both the Jewish media - submit events to the JCC, Jewish Federation, and other local organizations depending on the event
• Measure the results of marketing campaigns and make adjustments as needed to better communicate and engage our members.
• Note: this is not an employee management position with direct staff member reports – This is a team environment where a small staff does everything for the organization. Qualifications
• 2-4 years experience in Marketing, Communications and Graphic design.
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and deadlines – ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines (required). • Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, board and clergy • Ability to take initiative, set priorities, to work independently and as a team player.
• Knowledge of and experience in the Jewish community a plus.
•Willingness to work a flexible schedule when needed with minimal supervision (full initiative to take on task start to finish); can include occasional weeknights and weekends when needed.
- Working knowledge of Publisher, Photoshop Elements, Wordpress.
|Date Posted||June 25, 2018|
|Date Closes||July 21, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, $28,000.00 - $32,000.00, Based on Experience|
|SOC Category||11-2021.00 Marketing Managers|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories