The CRCC Registered Nurse maintains standards of professional nursing practice in the home care setting, in a school setting and/or in the center setting under the direction of the Director of Nursing. They are responsible for assessing and providing care within the scope of the educational preparation and knowledge; permitted by the policies and procedures of CRCC and permitted by local, state and federal guidelines.
We have needs for Full-time and Part-time Registered Nurses and have a variety of settings in which to work! We have in-school 1:1; we have in-Center, and in-Home options available.
Essential Functions: (May vary by setting and/or client)
- Responsible for providing nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs
- Collaborate and support plan of care as determine by the physician and healthcare team; treat client accordingly as approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the client as necessary and makes adjustments in the client’s treatment program
- Provide treatment to clients per protocols, utilizing paper documentation
- Perform on-going periodic assessment and data collection in a systematic manner, focusing on psychological, psychosocial, cultural and cognitive status, nutrition, pain, patient/family education, equipment needs, etc.
- Educates and instructs the client, client’s family/caregivers and other staff as needed
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Documents all cares provided, including nursing interventions and care coordination per CRCC documentation policy.
- Notifies client’s physician and guardians of significant changes in a timely manner
- Effectively plans, organizes, sets priorities and completes work assignments with minimum direct supervision and within established time frames as directed on the client’s plan of care
- Delegates to other staff members as appropriate with professionalism and according to scope of practice
- Accepts only assignments for which they are qualified
- Verbalizes knowledge and purpose of patient rights and responsibilities
- Complies with all CRCC policies and procedures
- Communicates as needed with Director of Nursing with any needs or concerns
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe environment and reports accidents,
incidents or potential hazardous conditions to the Director of Nursing.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensing: Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse with an active Nebraska license
- Training and Experience: 1 Year of current pediatric experience preferred
- Maintenance of current CPR certification
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations, maintains strict confidentiality of client information
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare profession
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (face mask, goggles, gloves) as needed
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate
- Able to meet agency’s conditions of employment regarding health status and clearance with the Nebraska Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry and/or Adult Abuse/Neglect Registry and the Omaha Police Department.
- Able to lift up to fifty pounds
Nursing Service Responsibilities
- Participates and represents the mission and philosophy of CRCC and the nursing service to the community in a positive fashion.
- Recognizes that CRCC is dedicated to providing quality care to all clients.
- Provides emergency care as needed to clients and calls for an Emergency Medical
- Team if the condition rises to the level of need that requires more advanced medical intervention.
- Recognizes the importance of participating in continuing education, reviewing modules, and attending in-service programs in order to promote nursing professionalism and personal nursing wisdom
- Demonstrates pride in his/her work and in CRCC by appropriate dress and grooming and by wearing the CRCC name badge or CRCC logo shirt with name.
- Demonstrates overall professionalism as a nurse and observes ethically prescribed professional client-nurse boundaries.
- Is responsive to the direction of the Clinical Care Coordinator.
- Adheres to work schedule and daily time schedule.
Strives to maintain harmonious relationships and communicates effectively with other team members.
Provides leadership and is a good role-model to other team members.
Assists in the orientation of new nurses.
CRCC, Children’s Respite Care Center, is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To learn more about CRCC, visit us online at:
Qualified applicants may email a resume to Lora Bogatz, firstname.lastname@example.org, apply through Careerlink, or apply online at: .