Registered Nurse (RN) for 1:1 Care in-School Setting
CRCC has served the special health and education needs of Omaha children since 1990. Today, our team of uniquely skilled educators, therapists and nurses deliver a growing range of services and programs in support of better futures for young people. We offer innovative care and education for families of all abilities to grow together, develop life-long skills and reach their fullest potential.
The CRCC Registered Nurse maintains standards of professional nursing practice to provide 1:1 Care to our Clients in their school setting under the direction of the Director of Nursing. They are responsible for assessing and providing care within the scope of the educational preparation and knowledge; permitted by the policies and procedures of CRCC and permitted by local, state and federal guidelines.
Essential Functions (May vary by setting and/or client)
- Responsible for providing nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs
- Collaborate and support plan of care as determine by the physician and healthcare team; treat client accordingly as approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the client as necessary and makes adjustments in the client’s treatment program
- Provide treatment to clients per protocols, utilizing paper documentation
- Perform on-going periodic assessment and data collection in a systematic manner, focusing on psychological, psychosocial, cultural and cognitive status, nutrition, pain, patient/family education, equipment needs, etc.
- Educates and instructs the client, client’s family/caregivers and other staff as needed
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Documents all cares provided, including nursing interventions and care coordination per CRCC documentation policy.
- Notifies client’s physician and guardians of significant changes in a timely manner
- Effectively plans, organizes, sets priorities and completes work assignments with minimum direct supervision and within established time frames as directed on the client’s plan of care
- Delegates to other staff members as appropriate with professionalism and according to scope of practice
- Accepts only assignments for which they are qualified
- Verbalizes knowledge and purpose of patient rights and responsibilities
- Complies with all CRCC policies and procedures
- Communicates as needed with Director of Nursing with any needs or concerns
- Assists in the maintenance of a safe environment and reports accidents, incidents or potential hazardous conditions to the Director of Nursing.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensing: Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse with an active Nebraska license
- Training and Experience: 1 Year of current pediatric experience preferred
- Maintenance of current CPR certification
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations, maintains strict confidentiality of client information
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare profession
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (face mask, goggles, gloves) as needed
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate
- Able to meet agency’s conditions of employment regarding health status and clearance with the Nebraska Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry and/or Adult Abuse/Neglect Registry and the Omaha Police Department.
- Able to lift up to fifty pounds
Nursing Service Responsibilities
- Participates and represents the mission and philosophy of CRCC and the nursing service to the community in a positive fashion.
- Recognizes that CRCC is dedicated to providing quality care to all clients.
- Provides emergency care as needed to clients and calls for an Emergency Medical
- Team if the condition rises to the level of need that requires more advanced medical intervention.
- Recognizes the importance of participating in continuing education, reviewing modules, and attending in-service programs in order to promote nursing professionalism and personal nursing wisdom
- Demonstrates pride in his/her work and in CRCC by appropriate dress and grooming and by wearing the CRCC name badge or CRCC logo shirt with name.
- Demonstrates overall professionalism as a nurse and observes ethically prescribed professional client-nurse boundaries.
- Is responsive to the direction of the Clinical Care Coordinator.
- Adheres to work schedule and daily time schedule.
- Strives to maintain harmonious relationships and communicates effectively with other team members.
- Provides leadership and is a good role-model to other team members.
CRCC, Children’s Respite Care Center, is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To learn more about CRCC, visit us online at: http://www.crccomaha.org.