Under the direction of the Divisional Manager, responsible for successfully executing the area sales initiatives and growing the team to achieve annual sales targets and financial performance: revenue, new accounts, account retention and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for achieving or exceeding the annual sales plan and driving sales.
• Prepares revenue projections: operating budgets, service standards, capital investment requirements, competitive analyses and other management planning documents, with Management assistance.
• Manages the sales force performance objectives: planning, productivity and effectiveness, reporting, quota setting and personnel management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, and talent acquisition and development.
• Recruits and selects the sales team, leads, trains, coaches and mentors team and holds them accountable for meeting their sales goals.
• Proactively identifies sales process improvements. Identifies bottlenecks and inconsistencies in the sales process. Works closely with management to inspect sales process and the quality of the sales program. Prioritizes and implements improvements timely.
• Manages the team with a continuous process improvement mentality.
• Collaborates with stakeholders and other functional areas to ensure objectives and priorities are enabled within the division.
• Creates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes in collaboration with Management.
• Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and consistency in the division’s planning efforts.
• Timely assigns and delegates sales objectives to team. Ensures team is productive and customer-focused. Manages resources to critically service clients.
• Equitably assigns sales force quotas ensuring optimally allocation among the team.
• Monitors accuracy and efficiency of the division sales intellectual data. Recommends revisions to reporting, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
• Collaborates with IT to optimize sales technology resources. Ensures team effectively uses technological tools.
• Collaborates with the development and delivery of the sales training program.
• Collaborates with Accounting and Human Resources and provides assistance with communicating the sales incentive compensation plan.
• Supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives, policies, and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to organize human capital, resources, and assets to establish goals and objectives with the team.
Ability to statistically measure service indexing standards, measurements, and financial documentation.
Possess a current valid driver's license with an excellent driving record.
Effective at planning, organizing, and executing concurrent projects timely and within budget.
Strong interpersonal relationship skills including a strong customer service focus and team orientation.
Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively using electronic equipment, i.e. computer, smart phone, tablet, etc.
Ability to anticipate challenges/obstacles and proactively implement solutions. Excellent English persuasive communication and consultative sales skills and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Ability to travel.
Education/Experience (Minimum): BS Sales or a related field and four years sales or sales management experience in a business-to business sales environment.
Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically and market-driven rigorous initiatives.
|Date Posted||September 13, 2017|
|Date Closes||October 13, 2017|
|Address||505 Allen Street|
|Located In||Des Moines, IA|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||11-2022.00 Sales Managers|
|Travel||Yes - 25|
|Address||2631 South 156th Circle|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68145|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories