Team Care Certified Medical Assistant
Reports to: Clinical Support Staff Manager
We are in search of Certified Medical Assistants who will serve as a vital team member on our new Team Care Medicine team.
These individuals will work closely with our patients, and collaboratively with their provider and other healthcare professionals in order to provide patient-centered quality care. We purposely seek out talented professionals who are passionate about serving patients, learning and growing, and working at their fullest potential as a Medical Assistant.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the interpersonal ability to work with a wide variety of individuals and exhibit the enthusiasm and passion for providing quality care to our patients. They must enjoy working as an integral part of a healthcare team, and possess strong values, a well-defined work ethic, and personal accountability. It is essential that these individuals be highly organized and detailed, enjoy routine and process, and deliver accurate and quality work each day.
These individuals will collaborate with members of the health care team to coordinate and implement plans for patient care.
• Directs the patient care services, including preparing patients for examination or treatment, reviewing and recording reason for visit and related patient information and/or family history, accurate documentation, and timely patient flow.
• Performs vital signs, height, weight, and screening procedures. Documents findings in the electronic medical record.
• Collects preliminary medical data from patient and verbally presents this information to their provider.
• Scribes entire visit into the electronic health record accurately.
• Implements plan developed by provider.
• Closes the visit with patient, including performs patient education within license restrictions regarding illness/medical condition in relation to diet, exercise, use of medications, and diagnostics.
• Carries out provider’s orders, including authorization of refills according to established protocols and administering treatments.
• Confers with other medical professionals/specialists/pharmacists about patient care. May perform insurance pre-authorization within managed care guidelines.
• Assists physicians and nurses with special procedures and examinations following appropriate protocols. Secures supplies, ensures patient is properly undressed and draped, provides instruments to physicians, holds patient, as required, and assists patient after procedure/examination.
• Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms, stocks rooms/cupboards, and ensures adequate levels of supplies are maintained.
• Demonstrates a service attitude, leads by a good example, and focuses on continuous performance improvement to achieve superior results.
• Interacts in a positive manner with the patient so that relationship of trust is established.
• Demonstrates personal accountability in patient interactions, office conduct, punctuality, attendance, and using free time to assist team members in completing tasks during their shift.
Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
• 2 years of experience in a clinical setting, Family Practice or Internal Medicine ideal
• Highly proficient and 2 years of experience with electronic health record
• Excellent keyboarding skills
• Basic understanding of medical terminology
• Good communication skills
• Highly proficient in performing and documenting vital signs
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
• Demonstrated competence as a CMA
• Certified Medication Aide
• CPR certified
• Ability to lift objects weighing five (5) pounds or less in the assessment and implementation of patient care.
• Ability to maneuver objects to include office and clinical equipment.
• Must be able to move from room to room.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Date Posted||November 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||December 28, 2017|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|