Position at JBS USA
Position Title: Project Engineer
Location: JBS Omaha Beef Plant
Reporting: Plant Engineer
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a variety of complex engineering projects.
- May lead a project team in completion of a specific project; sets timelines, assigns work, communicates with team members, solves problems, and moves project towards and on-time high quality solution.
- May design and develop software, hardware, hardware/software specifications, and testing procedures.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment.
- May supervise/coordinate day-to-day operations of engineers, designers, engineering technicians, and others who assist in completion of specific project assignments.
- Provides engineering assistance to personnel within the Company as necessary.
- Represents the Company in communication with other organizations to resolve questions, plan, and coordinate work.
- Coordinates lab testing and building of prototypes as necessary.
- Coordinate efforts of contractors involved with finishing construction of new or redesigned areas for plant facility while managing projects being on time, on budget and to specification
- Participate in design and layout aspects of special projects. Change to lead efforts pertaining to design and layout of special projects.
- Obtain competitive bids for future projects.
- Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained.
- Attend meetings as needed or called.
- Frequent communication with maintenance, purchasing, production, storeroom, and other departments involved with any aspect of special projects.
- Perform various other duties as needed or assigned.
- Lead the efforts to complete Capital Planning/Manage Capital Budget and Forecast
Requirements: Describe necessary knowledge or skills, and type and amount of formal schooling, and work experience normally required to obtain these. Do not describe your own particular background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Previous Experience in construction, mechanical contract work, or any building trades.
- Computer Skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets, and drafting programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, both written and verbally
- Ability to organize and coordinate large projects.
- Bilingual skills helpful
- Capable of independent decision making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness
- Able to quickly and effectively adapt to new and changing situations
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Shows compassion towards and has an interest in others
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work assigned hours/days, including occasional weekends as required
- Statistical skills (basic level)
- 6 Sigma certification (desired)
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.