You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Cook at St. Vincent Healthcare.
Your compassion is tangible: whether your patient is 18 or 85, they feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898, and our 30-clinic network ensures community needs are met. We offer comprehensive, specialty care, including a hospital within a hospital specifically for children, and are proud to extend SCL Health's missions by treating the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set. We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello and high five.
We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. And instead of placing blame we'll learn and grow together.
As a Cook you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
Performs a variety of food preparation activities related to providing meals for patients, cafeteria service, catering service and the Rimrock Foundation.
- Prepares food according to menu and assembles food supplies and equipment needed to complete tasks.
- Follows standardized recipes, recalculating amounts to meet production needs and cooks and reheats all foods to correct temperatures.
- Completes all paperwork to include quality checks for cafÃ© and patient satisfaction
- Prepares garnishes for cafeteria, caterings and patient plates and completes any prep work needed or assigned.
- Cleans workstation and other areas to maintain sanitary standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of duties of other shifts/position and relieves other shifts/positions as necessary
- Restocks to appropriate par levels in production area
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Minimum of one year of quantity cooking experience.
- Ability to calculate recipe changes to meet production needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
Your next move
Now that you know more about being a Cook on our team we hope you'll join us. At St. Vincent Healthcare you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.