MA SCL Health Medical Group
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Medical Assistant.
Your compassion is tangible: They feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado and Montana, we offer a wide variety of primary are specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We'll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Medical Assistant Lead you need to know how to:
· Promote mission, vision and values of SJH and SCL Healthcare
· Actively fulfills Best in the Nation goals
· Introduce and greet patient in a prompt and pleasant manner
· Schedules diagnostics tests, treatments and acute office appointments
· Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development during pregnancy, based on clinic assignment
· Record reasons for patient visit and anticipates healthcare providers needs appropriately in EHR
· Prepare exam room and procedure rooms with necessary supplies and equipment
· Assist healthcare provider with examination, procedures and treatments
· Assess patient barriers to learning
· Obtain vital signs and reassure that patient is safe and comfortable.
· Perform clinical skills competently that may include: giving injections, obtaining specimens, venipuncture, blood pressure, Non-Stress Tests, EKG (including explaining and preparing patient), respiratory treatments, vision and hearing exams, pulse oximetry, and other skills as specified by site or clinic
· Triage telephone calls and prescription refill requests according to protocol, determines if emergency or routine and processes as per clinic protocol
· Respond to emergency activity within the office according to protocol
· May provide back-up support for front office
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
· Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must have successfully completed and graduated from a medical assistant program.
· Certification Preferred
· Prior experience as medical assistant preferred.
· Phlebotomy drawing certificate may be required.
· Must have a current CPR Certificate.
Your next move
Now that you know more about being an MA on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
|Date Posted||July 14, 2018|
|Date Closes||August 13, 2018|
|Located In||Denver, CO|