Financial Counseling Supervisor
SCL Health System Denver, CO
Financial Counseling Supervisor-18004430
- The Financial Counseling Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the process in place that provides financial advocacy counseling to individuals who are uninsured and underinsured
- The Financial Counseling Supervisor is responsible for directly overseeing the Patient Financial Advocates and Public Benefit Specialists located at the care sites and/or the Business Office, ensuring appropriate administration of the financial counseling process. Reports directly to the Indigent Care Manager, assisting in the oversight of SCL's eligibility program: assisting individuals apply for State and Federally funded programs such as Medicaid, CICP, Disability, Social Security, and other state and federal funded programs.
- This individual is accountable for tracking eligibility services for each care site responsible for. This includes; eligibility screening, CICP process and approval, coordinating with charity activity, making necessary adjustments, maximizing collections dollars and ensuring patients are served in a timely, efficient and respectful manner. Responsible for managing relationships and monitoring performance of various state and county departments. Facilities timely evaluations, hiring, on-boarding. Coordinates closely with other department supervisors and managers across the revenue cycle, along with care site leadership to resolve issues and advance improvement.
- Strong, positive leadership with a learn and serve' approach providing support and guidance to the team is crucial. The position will require the ability to adapt and lead through change as well as to identify and implement improvements to provide a high level of performance.
- This position is responsible for quality assurance in application processing and procedures, along with adhering to all compliance requirements mandated by CMS, HIPAA, JCAHO, etc.
- Acts as liaison between departments located at the care site and/or RSC; fostering open communication and team work, utilizing positive and effective communication with all team members.
- Directly manages the Patient Financial Specialist daily functions, ensuring that staff is educating, processing and determining the appropriate assistance for patients within a timely manner.
- Travel between care sites is required; in and out of state. Travel will consist of visits to care sites and clinics responsible for. Overnight and multiple day site visits will vary on location and reason for visit.
- Monitors and analyzes financial counseling processes, operations and reporting to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Responsible for assessing and improving department performance
- Ensures that services are provided in a timely, accurate, effective, and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with established departmental policies, procedures, and practices.
- Completes monthly reporting (i.e. CAC trackers, Medicaid Conversion, In-house and ED screening, POS Collections, etc.)
- Validates that established guidelines are being followed across the organization and ensures patient information is processed in a timely manner.
- Reviews and updates procedures and processes to ensure defined metrics are consistently met.
- Supports and adherences to SCL Health's vision and mission by aligning departmental direction, goals and policies.
- Consistently visits local and out of state hospital care sites responsible for, utilizing the time to conduct monthly 1:1 with care site associates and all staff meetings. Meeting with care site leadership when necessary. Continued reviewing of processes in person, ensuring processes and procedures are meeting site requirements.
- Provides regular status updates to the Indigent Care Manager including status of technology and process enhancement projects, department performance vs. KPIs, action plans for addressing identified risks and issues, recommendations for improvement etc.
- Coordinates with the training team to develop and/or enhance training curriculum and provides sign off on the approach.
- Ensures policies and procedures for the Financial Counseling teams are defined, applied and followed consistently. Takes corrective actions as necessary to address any failures in the process.
- Evaluate and approve new hires; Mentor and counsel direct reports to assist in their professional development; evaluate team members work quality, developing individual improvement plans as needed.
- Manages staffing to ensure target metrics are consistently met.
- Coordinates with various departments located at the business office and care sites to ensure patient experiences are consistent, teams are leveraged effectively and revenue is optimized.
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent
- CAC - Certified Application Counselor (post 90 days of hire)
- CAAS certification Certified Application Assistance Site (post 90 days of hire)
- 2+ years in lead position /direct supervisor
- Computer proficiency including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience working with State and Federal agencies, clinics, and SNF's
- 2+ years' experience managing state and federal eligibility programs
- 4+ years of Hospital site Financial Counseling
- Hands on operational experience with:
- Medicaid eligibility,
- Disability eligibility qualifications,
- Social Security qualifications,
- Public Benefit Programs
- Complex discharge planning and care
- Presumptive eligibility programs,
- Colorado Indigent Care Program (CICP),
- Affordable Care Act (ACA),
- Colorado's Hospital Outstationing Grant Programs
- Knowledge of 501r regulation and requirements for not-for profit entities offering Financial Assistance
- Familiar with informational systems used to manage enroll in state and federal programs and financial assistance including implementation, change control and reporting
- Bachelors /Associates degree in related field
- Past experience of supervising team members located at multiple locations
- Supervised teams of 15+ people
- Bilingual - Spanish
- Medicare and Insurance knowledge
- HB and PB Billing experience
- Financial counseling experience in an oncology setting
- Previous Certified Application Counselor training (CAC) - State and/or Federal
- Ability to read, understand and apply personal tax return information
- Ability to read and understand profit and loss statements
: Corporate, Various Locations
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Department: SYS-Pt Access-Finan Counseling
: Day Shift
: Jun 12, 2018, 10:55:59 AM
Professional - NonClinical
: Nicole Moyse
| Date Posted
July 14, 2018
| Date Closes
August 13, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category