Operates radiologic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray films as prescribed by physicians and perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
- Produces x-ray images of specified body areas as directed by the physician or radiologist ensuring clear and undistorted films. Positions and instructs patients regarding x-ray procedures.
- Performs x-ray procedures using portable machine as requested by Emergency Department and nursing units.
- Processes films for radiologists reading/interpretation following established procedures.
- Prepares or cleans patient rooms by changing linens, stocking supplies and wiping off tables and equipment ensuring an efficient and clean working environment.
- Protects patients from undue exposure to radiation by using lead shields and various safety factors.
- Prepares and assists in administering contrast agents by monitoring dosages and determining any potential allergies ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Maintain patient information as needed by purging or updating patient film jackets and/or filing reports or film files to ensure accurate patient records.