Processes all claims, in both electronic and paper format, within EPIC and with the outside clearinghouse.
1. Processes all claims in a timely manner through resolution of patient account work queues to ensure medical coverage is accurately added to all appropriate accounts. Verifies eligibility, plan, and payer information in order to properly submit the claims.
2. Processes and corrects registration information, coding, status level of care, coverage, and coordination of benefits through appropriate processes in systems.
3. Assists in monitoring unbilled outstanding claims. Works with Clearinghouse to resolve system or edit issues.
4. Researches errors identified by payers and works with other departments to correct information on claims.
5. Acts as subject matter expert for team. Supports onboarding of team members and cross training efforts. Works with members of the IT team to test new connections or troubleshoot issues. Supports supervisor in coordinating with clearinghouse vendors and payer EDI teams.
Located in Broomfield, CO.
High School diploma or equivalent
1 year of experience in a high production/high volume processing position or medical billing office environment or completion of a billing/coding certification or training program
Billing or coding certificate
2 years of billing experience or use of EPIC
|Date Posted||July 13, 2018|
|Date Closes||August 12, 2018|
|Located In||Denver, CO|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories