You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Patient Registration Specialist.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You're generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Our Radiology Team is looking for a Full-Time Patient Registration Specialist. The hours being offered are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The selected associate will be responsible for obtaining, complete and accurate gathering of patient demographic, insurance, and financial information, co-pay collections, for inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients either face-to-face, by telephone, internet, etc.
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital provides comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Dating back to 1905, we are proud of the rich history and inspiring mission our hospital has embodied for over 110 years.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We'll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Patient Registration Specialist you need to know how to:
· Interview patient or significant other to obtain accurate demographic, medical, and financial information required to process registration and completes this function in a timely manner.
· Perform scheduling for testing and procedures via computer and care site protocol. Performs census maintenance. Enters reservations via computer system.
· Direct all incoming phone calls for the department by transferring to appropriate personnel or if necessary documenting messages to ensure efficiency throughout the department. Notifies physicians of consultations and messages as needed.
· Greet and direct all visitors and patients to appropriate personnel or department ensuring all scheduled appointments arrive promptly.
· Transcribe physicians orders for tests by entering data into computer system, ensuring that the data is accessible for use by ancillary departments.
· Prepare patient charts and packets for admission by gathering and labeling all necessary forms to ensure personnel have appropriate materials for documentation.
· Contact physicians' offices to verify/update patient information, then inputs data into the hospital system ensuring accurate and complete information.
· Document all tests and services performed on patients via computer to provide medical records and business office with appropriate information.
· Provide assistance to patients/physician office personnel by explaining various procedures and informing them of appointment time and pre-registration time. Communicates cancellations to appropriate personnel.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required
· Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, spreadsheet knowledge, and computer applications used for patient information data entry, required
· Medical terminology strongly preferred
· Training in records management systems - strongly preferred
· Previous experience in a hospital or healthcare setting - strongly preferred
· Previous experience in hospital or physician practice or clinic environment - strongly preferred
Your next move
Now that you know more about being a Patient Registration Specialist on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
|Date Posted||July 13, 2018|
|Date Closes||August 12, 2018|
|Located In||Denver, CO|