You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an ED Tech
Your compassion is tangible: whether your patient is 18 or 85, they feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You're generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
You're great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. At our 234-bed community hospital, our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. We're especially proud of our people, who helped make us one of America's 100 Best Hospitals according to Healthgrades.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We'll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We're proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an ED Tech you need to know how to:
· Collects, reports, and records basic objective and subjective data.
· Observes and reports changes in signs and symptoms or deviations from normal health status.
· Provides basic information which assists the licensed nurse in making lists of problems and needs, setting goals, and developing and revising the plan of care..
· Provides total personal care or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living.
· Provides physical care, comfort measures, and emotional support to patients whose conditions are stable or predictable.
· Assists with basic restorative nursing.
· Repeats patient teaching instructions as given by the RN.
· Documents and communicates completion of assigned duties and patient responses.
· Assists with admission and discharge of patients.
· Performs CPR when necessary.
· Follows principles of asepsis and infection control.
· Maintains clean unit, work space, and patient's environment per regulatory and hospital requirements.
· Stocking of unit carts, assist in maintenance of cleaning and maintaining equipment
· Receives delegation from RN.
· Assists in maintaining patient record.
· Transcribes physician orders.
· Answers phone and performs other clerical duties.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
· Emergency Medical Technician
· Completion of IV certification Course
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider certification- required.
· Emergency Medical Technician Certification required.
Your next move
Now that you know more about being an ED Tech on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
|Date Posted||July 12, 2018|
|Date Closes||August 11, 2018|
|Located In||Denver, CO|