Medical Tech / Scientist or Medical Lab Technician.
Performs, interprets, and correlates clinical laboratory tests by following protocols to assist in physician diagnosis and treatment.
- Performs laboratory testing in an accurate and timely manner by following established protocols in order to assist in appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
- Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Complies with OSHA and regulatory requirements by following established procedures in order to maintain a safe laboratory environment and to meet accreditation standards.
- May provide technical education and guidance to students and staff by overseeing work performance in support of educational programs resulting in a continuous learning environment.
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and with other units to provide quality service through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
- Maintains flexibility required to adapt to laboratory needs as related to testing and scheduling.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.