St. Vincent Healthcare is a wonderful place to work with dedicated associates who become more like your work family. We take great pride in being a preferred hospital in the Billings Community and have won awards for our patient services.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the health and wellness of our communities by cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms, dismissal units and public areas, disposing of regular and biohazardous waste and linen and cleaning of ancillary areas/team cleaning. This particular role is a perfect way to gain experience in the healthcare setting, where you can continue to grow and advance in your career.
We hope you will consider joining us and becoming part of our St. Vincent Healthcare work family today!
In this position, the Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks and maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe, orderly, and sanitary condition at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Cleaning and Disinfecting Patient Rooms and Dismissal Units
- Duties consistent with cleaning patient rooms or dismissal units are including but not limited to disinfecting all surfaces, emptying trash, cleaning of sinks, counter areas, shower and toilet, dusting, mopping and vacuuming, restocking paper products and shampooing the carpet
Cleaning Public Areas and Project Work
- Duties consist of disinfecting all public areas such as waiting areas, public restrooms - including sinks, toilets, spot washing walls, damp mop, and refill paper products, stairwells which should consist of trashing areas, damp disinfecting all areas, spot wash walls, and damp disinfecting of handrails, replacement of blinds and shampooing carpets, buffing or waxing of floors in areas where needed
Disposal of Regular and Biohazardous Waste and Linen
- Responsible for knowledge of proper procedure for separating regular waste versus biohazardous waste, proper disposal of needles, and storage of clean and dirty linen
Cleaning of Ancillary Areas/Team Cleaning
- Duties consist of wearing back pack vacuum, cleaning restrooms, trashing areas and damp disinfecting (Examples of Ancillary Areas: Lab, Pharmacy, Surgery Plus, Radiology, Administrative Offices, Central Supply, Kitchen, CafÃ©, plus any other assigned duties for these areas)
Departmental Service Pager Communication
- Duties consist of a working knowledge of carrying and utilizing the Environmental Service Pager. Answer all service calls in an appropriate manner and with the utmost professionalism.