Monitors heart rhythm pattern of patients to detect abnormal pattern variances by performing the following duties.
- Reviews patient information to determine normal heart rhythm pattern, current pattern, and prior variances.
- Observes screen of cardiac monitor and listens for alarm to identify abnormal variation in heart rhythm.
- Informs Registered Nurse of variances to initiate examination of patient.
- Measures length and height of patients heart rhythm pattern on graphic tape readout and posts information on patient records.
- Receives, greets, and directs patients, visitors and hospital personnel. Provides accurate responses in a friendly, timely, and courteous manner.
- Posts to patient record and lab results printed off the computer.
- Keeps desk area organized and neat throughout the work day.
- Assists in orientation of new Telemetry Tech personnel.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Is knowledgeable of and follows National Patient Safety Goals while providing care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.