This position is located at St. Marys Hospital in Grand Junction, CO
Schedule: Days M-F with rotating Saturdays every 3rd week
Performs health information activities necessary to organize, maintain and use electronic and paper patient health records. This position will process and/or provide electronic health information to various customers in a timely manner; maintain paper and electronic health information in a confidential manner and secure environment. Performs functions related to document imaging, chart retrieval pickup, reception and release of information for continuum of care duties.
- Chart Pickup and Reconciliation: Obtain new discharged medical records from inpatient and outpatient areas. Process/prepare new discharged records to be scanned. Perform chart tracking functions on records received/leaving the department and reconcile with daily Reconciliation Report.
- Document Preparation and Scanning: Reviews and identifies that each page has correct patient identifiers (MRN, HAR, CSN and patient name) and document type identifier. Places documents to be scanned in the scanner input tray, ensure barcodes are being read by the scanner and pages are correctly being scanned with no errors or misfeeds. Forwards unresolved issues to quality review at the completion of the work assignment.
- Quality Control and Error Queue Resolution: Performs quality control (100% review of all documents) to ensure the electronic document/image posts to the correct patient's visit, all pages are accounted for with corresponding images, and document posts to correct location. Identify and correct/resolve errors identified by the quality control process and those reported by care site staff and escalates unresolved issues per procedure. Identify issues and errors with scanned documents and electronic information contained in eSummit; notify Data Integrity to correct. Adheres to defined quality competencies per policy.
- Release of Information: Perform release of information on continuum of care and patient requests (pertinent information only) based on appropriate authorization and policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with guidelines/requirements related to patient confidentiality and release of information according to established policies and procedures.
- General Duties for an eHIM Specialist II: Is able to perform all subordinate level competencies. Support department activities such as answering the phone, providing customer service, and performing backup function for other positions in the department. Sort and distribute mail and faxes. Assist in new employee and HIM student orientation and training. Assist internal and external customers. Participate in problem solving, be empowered to expedite decisions, explore and recommend options and follow-up on outstanding issues related to their work. Collaborate with HIM management to identify and support quality and performance improvement initiatives. Meets and maintains productivity standards for competencies.