The Social Worker provides services to respond to the emotional needs of patients and their families. This employee also assists with patient admissions and the referral process.
- As part of the admission process, meet with the patient and family to review policies on advanced directives, patient rights and non-discrimination.
- Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of patient problems/ needs. Meet with appropriate facility staff concerning patient issues. Provide social work consultation to patients, families and staff, as requested.
- Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by patient/family needs.
- Assist patients, as needed, with financial planning.
- Maintain communications with caseworkers.
- Keep the patient's family informed of patient problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
- Maintain a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals. Act as a liaison between the facility and the community.
- Assure all documentation complies with applicable regulations. Act in compliance with all corporate, State, Federal and other regulatory standards.
- Participate in the quality improvement process of the facility. Attend and participate in facility meetings, as required. Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.