Observes, interprets, and continuously monitors displayed cardiac rhythms of patients on remote and telemetry cardiac monitors.
1. Continuously monitors cardiac rhythm ensuring the patients ECG is observed. Accurately interprets ECG rhythms and promptly reports changes from baseline to register nurse. Recognizes changes in ECG baseline and documents findings patient chart to communicate ECG history for multiple discipline to review.
2. Measures ECG data; Rate, Rhythm, PR, QRS, QTC intervals correctly with minimal assistance. Accounts for telemetry packs determining each pack in use has an ECG rhythm associated with it.
3. Maintains specified telemetry equipment. Prepares telemetry ECG packs with new battery and ECG leads prior to patient admission. Cleans telemetry ECG packs at patient discharge and allocates telemetry pack to correct storage space preparing ECG pack for the next patient. Implements crash cart check according to hospital policy at the start of each shift, ensuring availability of functional crash cart.
4. Maintains admission/discharge log book providing back up data base. Assists in tracking patient location when off telemetry monitoring for procedures, does not place monitor in standby mode during this time, communicates with RN when patients has returned ensuring ECG rhythm is visualized at central station. Provides interdisciplinary team with patient ECG data as requested to expedite delivery of patient care. Informs CNS, RN or CN when patient leads are off ensuring visualization of ECG rhythm at all times. Provides complete patient ECG history to on coming monitor technician ensuring continuity of care.
5. Assists in training new associates by sharing knowledge and skills.
6. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
9. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
High school diploma or GED is required
Must pass a basic dysrhythmia test prior to completion of orientation
Certification, Registration, License:
Must obtain CPR/BLS certification within 90 days of hire date.
No prior experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regular attendance to perform work on site during regularly scheduled business hours or scheduled shifts is required.
2. Ability to work nights and/or weekends is required for identified positions.
|Date Posted||June 6, 2018|
|Date Closes||July 6, 2018|
|Located In||Denver, CO|