Medical Staff Privileging Coordinator
SCL Health System Denver, CO
Medical Staff Privileging Coordinator-18004135
- Works under the supervision of the Medical Staff Services Director and is responsible for administrative coordination of the medical staff services department.
- Provides resources for and ensures compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and requirements, state and federal statutes, and Bylaws and Rules.
- Participates in the coordination of Joint Commission preparation and continuous readiness.
- Coordinates and manages Medical Staff and provider orientations.
- Responds to inquiries from other healthcare organizations, in addition to interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Manages the department's front desk.
- Maintains medical staff call panels. Provides meeting support and organization.
- Oversees the preparation of clear, concise, understandable reports.
- Assists with Credentialing and Privileging processes.
- Develops, plans, organizes, coordinates, and implements an accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME) program that is consistent with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education's (ACCME) Essentials for Continuing Medical Education and accredited by the Colorado Medical Society.
- Assists in managing the flow of information between the Medical Staff Office team, Medical Staff Committees, Medical Staff Leadership, and the Chief Medical Officer.
- Requires excellent time management and organizational skills in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to detail.
- Exercises a high degree of independent judgment in response to complex and sensitive credentialing issues, decision-making, discretion, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to professionally handle difficult conversations in person, written correspondence, and over the phone.
- Demonstrates research and problem solving skills.
- Has a high level of customer service and follow through.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all Medical Staff information.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from High School or equivalent required Computer proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Internet Ability to handle multiple tasks, simultaneously A minimum of three years experience in a hospital medical staff services department and experience in physician/allied health professional credentialing Excellent written/interpersonal Skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor degree in business or health related field. CMSC, CPCS Certification preferred Cactus Software experience preferred
: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Medical Staff Admin
: Day Shift
: May 16, 2018, 8:54:47 AM
Administrative and Clerical Support
: Carrie Rose
| Date Posted
May 17, 2018
| Date Closes
June 16, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category