Charge Nurse - RN - Home Hospice
SCL Health System Denver, CO
Charge Nurse - RN - Home Hospice-18003950
Provide shift leadership and serve as the shift clinical resource. Assist with the management of staffing resources and patients. Supervise, provide and coordinate patient care activities and maintain quality of care in accordance with regulations, standards of practice, policies and procedures.
- Applies nursing process, as well as, end of life philosophies, procedures and standards to clinical practice. Maintains knowledge regarding practice standards, regulations, agency processes and policies. Collects, analyzes and organizes patient care data. Coordinates the efforts of the care team to accomplish the goals of patient plans of care. Advocates for patients by coordinating communication among care team members.
- Supervises and directs other licensed and non-licensed personnel in the provision of care to patients as assigned. Provides direct care as required and completes accurate and prompt documentation in accordance with professional standards, agency and regulatory guidelines. Coordinates appropriate assignments/breaks and provides input by matching the staff skills to patient needs. Adjusts staffing patterns based on changing volume, acuity, cases, census, and department needs while maintaining patient safety and promoting patient satisfaction. Manages patient assignment effectively and efficiently when applicable.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for day-to-day budget/productivity. Supports interventions that promote cost effectiveness (such as length of stay, accurate level of care, overtime, use of alternative skill mixes). Contributes to containing healthcare costs by effective supply utilization. Takes responsibility for the care, maintenance, and storage (loss control) of unit equipment. Manages assignments effectively to minimize overtime.
- Coordinates and assists with staff orientation and competency training; follows up on completion of required competencies. Processes ongoing feedback received from preceptors regarding the orientation of each new employee. Sets and role models high performance standards and inspires others to perform at their best. Remains aware of staff morale and concerns. Promotes associate engagement by being actively involved in staff meetings, quality improvement, and providing opportunities/feedback for change.
- Demonstrates compliance with policies and procedures. Promotes staff compliance with policies and procedures, and provides necessary education.
- Understands and adjusts to changes in the department/organization. Provides input and participates with the implementation of new processes. Demonstrates flexibility with the staffing schedule. Acts as a unit leader to promote and support change. Role models positive outcomes.
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential
- Reports grievances and complaints made by patients, families, referral sources and other health care professionals. Reports allegations of client abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of client property.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards. Assists local leadership in educating, implementing and monitoring customer services standards and the fulfillment of SCL Health values. Acts as a brand champion, understanding and articulating SCL Health differentiators.
- May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
- May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing is required. Associates or Diploma prepared nurses must complete a Bachelor of Arts or Science in Nursing within four years of hire. Bachelors degree of Nursing preferred
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice is required.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Heart Association is required. State of Colorado Driver's License
- 3 year of related health care experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN)
- 1 year hospice experience. Previous supervisory/management experience.
: Lutheran Hospice Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: ELH-Home Hospice- OP
: Day Shift
: May 15, 2018, 3:07:51 PM
: Jayne Westhead
| Date Posted
May 16, 2018
| Date Closes
June 15, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category