Simon was founded over 60 years ago in 1954 by James E. Simon. In December, 1994, the growth, diversity and quality work of Simon got the attention of Colas and they acquired Simon.
Since its inception, Simon has completed projects in most states west of the Mississippi River. Today, Simon, a Colas company, still operates with the integrity, quality and reliability it was founded on over 60 years ago - a distinction the company is proud to have fostered, and one that it is determined to continue.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Summary: The QA/QC Technician is responsible for the testing and inspection of all plant/pit products produced and delivered to internal and external customers. This position provides leadership by ensuring quality control, plant and delivery personnel are well trained and equipped and that systems are established and maintained to meet high quality product standards. The QA/QC Technician will also coordinate quality activities with other functions such as marketing, customer service, production planning and testing and new product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Read, understand, and have a good working knowledge of the basic specifications, principles, and products associated with the construction / aggregate / concrete / asphalt industry.
- Assess effectiveness and maximize productivity and quality opportunities that lead to continuous improvement.
- Communicate across all departments to enhance the teamwork essential to consistently producing quality products.
- Plan and direct quality control activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Recognize and solve actual and potential problems related to quality control operations. Inspect products for quality, identify and take corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinate quality control activities with all departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Ensure that accurate test results are reported daily and on time
- Review and analyze test results to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications as required.
- Coordinate all external laboratories testing with projects and personnel.
- Ensure all quality control operations and activities are conducted in conformance with company policies, regulatory agencies and acceptable working practices are in compliance with standards.
- Develop, recommend and implement measures to improve quality control methods, equipment, performance, service, safety and quality of products.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and effectively to all levels of employees, both individually and in large groups.
- Some travel may be required
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school or similar preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control testing aggregates, asphalt and concrete or in some of the field listed.
- Knowledge of applicable reference and testing material manuals and specifications governed by federal, state and local testing agencies, to include DOT, ASTM, and AASHTO standards.
- ACI and NDOR testing certified, or ability to become certified within 1 year. Other certifications may be required.
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Travel will be necessary. Valid driver's license with clean driving record required.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds, including during periods of inclement weather and extreme heat and cold
- This job will require giving advice and direction.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell.
Note: Position summary shown may not include ALL of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities required. Simon Contractors uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility.
SIMON CONTRACTORS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, GENDER/RACE/DISABLED/VETERAN, DRUG FREE WORKPLACE EMPLOYER